Health Insurance

What health insurance do I pick?

You have an ARC

The National Health Insurance ( NHI ) is Taiwan’s official medical insurance operated by the Bureau of National Health Insurance in the Executive Yuan’s Department of Health. Taiwan residents must register for the NHI. Scholars who hold an ARC must enroll in the National Health Insurance ( NHI ).

You don’t have an ARC

You need an ARC to be eligible for the NHI. Without an ARC, you may want to enroll in other insurance programs. Your host department can assist you in enrolling in the program of your choice. Good to know: insurance agencies offer discounts to NTU faculty and staff:

Ding-Hou Insurance

Tel:+886 (0)2 2457 0735 or +886 (0)932 385 292
Fax:+886 (0)2 2785 1962

How to apply for the NHI

Please bring your application form and work contract to the NTU Personnel Department’s Section 4.

To receive your NHI Card, simply send your application form and legal ID to local NHI offices via mail or file your application at the nearest NHI office.

If your NHI Card is lost, bring your ARC to the nearest NHI office to apply for a replacement card. A processing fee may be charged.

For detailed information on National Health Insurance ( NHI ), visit the website of Bureau of National Health Insurance.

Update: 2016 / 11 / 01